The importance of the educational cycle from 3 to 6 years of age is evident. Spain is one of the countries in the European Union where the rate of schooling between the ages of 3 and 6 is the highest. Although this stage is not compulsory, the fact is that it contributes very positively to the physical, social and intellectual development of children.
As reported in Science magazine, children who attend school between the ages of 3 and 6 obtain better academic results. This is due to the fact that it is during this period when important brain development takes place. For this reason, schooling during the 3 to 6 years cycle is very important.
At Casvi International American School, the Pre-Sch0ol stage is a continuity of the activity developed in Nursery, since the children consolidate the skills they have acquired and learn new ones which are fundamental for their academic, professional and personal future.
– Autonomy work. Thanks to the 3 to 6 years cycle, children can experiment and be able to act autonomously from a very young age in actions such as eating or going to the bathroom.
– Encouraging the habit of reading. Casvi International American School students are able to read complete books from the time they are very young. This is due to our efforts to encourage reading. From Pre-K1 to Grade 5 they have a weekly library hour.
– Math Skills. In the 3 to 6-year-old cycle, the students continue with their math stimulation program that they started in Nursery. In this way, they continue to see this subject as something fun.
– New technologies. They are a good tool to complete the learning of the little ones. Thanks to the digital boards, the students can carry out different day-to-day activities in the classroom as well as use the iPads to learn strokes and, later on, to write.
One of the main objectives of Casvi International American School is to prepare our students from the beginning of the PYP stage so that they arrive as well prepared as possible to the Diploma Program stage in order to achieve the best grades and be able to study at any university in the world.
In the Pre-School stage, we have all the necessary tools to stimulate learning and develop the youngest students within the International Baccalaureate methodology. It is essential that they inquire and express themselves while they receive a values-based education with the participation of highly qualified and dedicated teachers. This is intended to strengthen their self-esteem and enhance the talents of each child.
“Education is not preparation for life. Education is life itself”.
– Sports and corporal expression. From the age of 3, students at Casvi International American School receive swimming lessons, but they also have other activities that promote their psychomotor skills and knowledge of their bodies.
– Musical expression. In our center we encourage stimulation through music from the age of 1 year old, and that encourages, from 4 and 5 years old, to be able to create their own pentagrams.
– Artistic expression. Thanks to different techniques, students work on visual perception in their daily life in order to be well prepared for the different subjects related to art that they will receive during their time at Primary.